Sunday, March 24, 2013

Fear NOT Sleeve Adjustments

I have been working steadily on my 1940's retro dress from Simplicity 1777 to meet the deadline for my first sewing challenge as previously posted here. I love the pattern, but I have to admit, the pattern required a couple of major alterations around the waistline area, sleeves, and neckline. Since I used matte jersey fabric (stretchy), these changes have been easier to make.    


 

This is a picture of the sleeve with alterations- added 3 inches at the underarm area, added 2 inches to the sleeve cap, and pin-fitted the sleeve for a better fit. I am so excited about this dress because I absolutely love the pink/orange floral fabric. I already have the shoes! Take a peek:

 

It's all coming together slowly.

Nitey-nite.


No comments:

Post a Comment