Wednesday, March 13, 2013

An Upscale Frock for Spring

It's a combination of the weather change and daylight savings time, but I'm really thinking of altering a pattern to mold it into a fanciful frock from Oscar De La Renta. Here is the inspiring dress:



Love, love, love the black and white dress on the left side. I have no idea how much this dress would cost, but I'm sure it's out of my price range..lol. But, that's why I sew. I have to look through my patterns to see which ones come close to make my own version of this uptown, classy dress.
I do have the Peony dress pattern from Colette. The structure of the Peony Dress seems to match the profile of the Oscar De La Renta dress. Of course, the changes that would be made include (1) changing the neckline to a V-neck, (2) Take out the sleeves, (3) Add the neckline detail, and (4) make a bow belt.

Here's a quick sketch of what would be my Upscale Peony Inspired Frock by Oscar De La Renta:

 
My apologies for my simply sketch.

That's it for now.

L8

No comments:

Post a Comment