Friday, October 5, 2012

Thinking Scalloped

My sewing teacher did some alterations on my muslin. This is the pattern I'm using:
 
I felt fortunate to have an expert eye do an alteration based on my curves. I used basting stitching, so it was easy for her to remove the stitches from the bottom to my natural waistline. She basically draped the fabric gently over my waistline, high hipline and hipline. She mentions that the pattern companies make the sizes almost like a box to fit all body types. That is why making a muslin is an important part of the fitting process. I will post pictures of the alterations on the muslin later. Besides making the fitting change, I wanted to change the hem to make it a scalloped hem. I searched for images but could not find any showing a tailored jacket with a scalloped hemline. Then, I decided to enter a highly expensive store and search through their inventory. Voala!! Check it out-
  
Here is the description:
Valentino

Lace Suit

This Valentino Pre-Fall 2012 suit combines lavish lace with a trim silhouette and menswear-inspired tailoring.
  • Lace Jacket:
    • Lace with covered buttons.
    • Notched collar; four-button front.
    • Long sleeves with scalloped cuffs.
    • Scalloped hem.
    • Cotton/viscose/polyamide.
    • Made in Italy.
  • Cinched Lace Skirt:
    • Floral lace.
    • Cinched waist with tie.
    • Straight style.
    • Cotton/viscose/polyamide.
    • Made in Italy.
  • About Valentino:
    Italian designer Valentino Garavani held his first significant show in 1962 at Florence's Pitti Palace, an appropriate setting for his opulent collection. Gorgeous lace, feminine details, gossamer-like chiffon, and a vibrant shade of red were Valentino's hallmarks. Today, Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli honor the house's heritage while adding more modern touches.

No comments:

Post a Comment